1. Samarasimha Reddy, a Balakrishna-starrer, the biggest hit in telugu cinema at the time, which released just few months prior, grossed ₹25cr (distributor share of ₹15cr apprx).
2. There were only 7 south indian films (including all versions) that grossed ₹25cr – and 4 of them were Rajinikanth-starrers: Baasha, Muthu, Indian, Arunachalam, Jeans, Samarasimha Reddy, Padayappa
3. The film’s Tamil Nadu total gross and share was only broken 5 years later by the Vijay-blockbuster Ghilli
4. Padayappa’s tamil version worldwide gross (₹46cr) was only broken 6 years later by the Rajinikanth-comeback blockbuster Chandramukhi.
5. It took 6 years for another south film to touch this ₹50cr mark, Chandramukhi (2005: ₹87cr worldwide – tamil & telugu dub), While Indra(2002) grossed (₹46cr gross & ₹29cr-₹30cr share from telugu, tamil & hindi dub version).
Rajinikanth is the god of massReplyDelete