Top 5 Opening Weekend Overseas - 2015
- Baahbali [Tamil/Telugu/Hindi] took a huge opening grossing $5.83 million [₹ 36.94 Cr ] overseas. Over 75% of this figure comes from United States alone as Telugu movies have a huge audience base there, Baahubali took a record opening for an Indian movie with $4,521,818 from Telugu and Tamil versions in the opening weekend alone.
- I [Tamil/Telugu/Hindi] released at a record 600+ Theaters Overseas and took a bumper opening with $5.72 million [₹ 36.27 Crores]. The movie opened well in the US, Malaysia & UAE crossing the one million dollar mark in each territory. I's also the top opener of 2015 in UK, Australia & Canada.
- Vedalam [Tamil only] is the 3rd biggest opener of this year with $3.94 million [₹ 26.05 Cr]. Ajith's Vedalam has taken a historical opening in Malaysia grossing 6,571,533MYR [Rs 9.89 Cr], no other Tamil movie has managed to gross over 6 million MYR in the history of Tamil Cinema. The movie managed to enter profit-zone after opening weekend in Australia, New-Zealand, France and Malaysia.
- Yennai Arindhaal [Tamil Only] which released at 400+ Theaters and All-Time record 32 countries managed to gross $3.24 million [₹ 20.22 Crores] million in its opening weekend. With good reviews and WOM the movie grossed $480,432 in the US. It has also taken a bumper opening in UAE grossing Rs 3 Crores. It also opened well in Australia, Malaysia and Canada.
- Puli [Tamil/Telugu] which released at 500+ Theaters grossed $ 2.49 Million [Rs 16.88 Cr]. despite the delay and KDM issues the movie still managed to open well in Vijay's stronghold UK, France & Australia. Other territories such as Malaysia & USA took Average opening and the final verdict was also Below Average.
Top Opening Weekend All-Time - Overseas